Tuesday 30 October 2012

Miles away Sandy's force still powerful

I know I am lucky not to have been in one of the areas hard hit by Sandy .... however, even here miles away in Southwestern Ontario I am feeling her wrath. (Though I am praying for those in those areas.)

Last night, my power was out. Partially to do with the winds, partially an accident in our area.... regardless, my heat is electric and it got pretty chilly. Even bundled up in layers of warm clothing and piles of blankets, I was still cold and so my muscles went into spasm. Once that starts, it doesn't seem to stop. The pain spreads and spreads.

Somehow, I actually fell asleep early because of the darkness, but in spite of the extra sleep, I feel even worse for the wear this morning. Fibro body = human barometer. Everything aches and hurts and moans. My head feels foggy, my body ravaged .... Sandy take your pressure away. Fall is hard enough as it is with the temperature and seasonal changes, but an epic storm just brings that much more ache and misery to one with chronic pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment