Friday 4 May 2012

More wedding flower issues

I met with another florist the other day.... she made a good point that I hadn't even thought of - a cascade bouquet needs to be carried fairly low. This means that my arms would be fully extended. So, not only would the overall weight and the pull towards the front be issues, so too would the position of the bouquet. In addition to the pain that this would cause, having my arms fully extended and locked in this position for a considerable amount of time would result in extreme pain or discomfort. Fibro does not deal well with static, long-held positions, especially not ones where limbs are extended away from the body.

So this resulted in yet another compromise for the wedding.... a hand-tied bouquet.

The comfort though is knowing that my pain will be lessened and the flowers will still be beautiful, even if they aren't in the form I originally envisioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment